Just put together a mini first-aid kit that should cover what we need.
- AthleticÂ Sports Tape, 9m – Can be cut for small band-aids or large sprains. Â And as Tim Ferris points out, it’s a life saver and doubles as duck tape (though I’ll be bringing that along as well)
- Sterile Pads – can be used with the sports tape for homemade band-aids or gushing wounds.
- Band-Aids – So you don’t have to go ghetto with sports tape and tissues.
- Ibuprofen – For hangovers, headaches, and general pains
- Neosporin Antibiotic, max strength
- Benadryl (Diphenhydramine)Â – great for allergies, minor colds, or falling asleep on overnight trains/planes
- Clartin – generic versions for my allergies
- Dental Floss, 200yrds – Unobvious uses include sewing or tying something together.
- Large Nail Clippers – cause we’ll be living the fancy high life :p
- ChapStick – I went medicated
- Gold Bond – For all over, from your feet to ‘down there’. Â I went extra strength medicated.
- Malaria Medication – Doxycycline, daily, 2 days before, 28 days after
- Anti-Diarrhea Medication – Azithromycin
Updated in new sporty plastic box. Â Now to find some Pepto Bismol…
One thought on “Mini First Aid Kit for Backpackers”
There is no way we’re carrying a box around. I am going put all of that into a nice, malleable cosmetic bag 🙂